Steamboat Springs is a world class town for visitors and residents.
- Steamboat is Colorado's fifth largest ski resort based on skiable acreage and ranks second in the state for the most number of trails.
- Between 280,000 and 330,000 visitors come to Steamboat Springs annually.
- Eight month tourist season with balanced winter and summer seasons.
- Steamboat is home to 250 retail shops, and 100 restaurants, primarily concentrated between downtown and the Ski Area.
- Steamboat is investing 10 million dollars in downtown improvements to enhance the visitor and resident experience.
Steamboat Springs is a world class place to live, work and play.
- Premier outdoor brands Smartwool, Honey Stinger, and Big Agnes call Steamboat home.
- Smartwool and the Yampa Valley Electric Association are located in large, campus type properties nearby. • The facility is near the area Steamboat Springs has designated for all future expansion of the city.
- Steamboat is a marijuana friendly community.
Steamboat Springs has an educated population and excellent schools.
- 55.2% of Steamboat's population aged 25 and higher has
attained at least a Bachelor's Degree. Routt County as a
whole is 11% ahead of state figures.
- The Steamboat School District has been "accredited with
distinction", the state's highest rating, since 2010. Only 24 of Colorado's 178 school districts received this honor in 2014.